Sunday, October 10, 2010

My Favorite Place

Living in Alaska, I have many favorite places as there are too many neat things to see here.  But I am putting up a picture of Denali.  I love the park and love going there because it is always beautiful and you never know what you will see.  No matter what the weather, the park has a character of its own.  I have never been there in winter, but one of these days maybe I will get the chance.

I really fell in love with the park when my youngest son and I worked a couple summers pulling dandelions.  It was a chance to be "intimate" with the park as we spent days walking through the park pulling weeds.  At the time my son was kind enough to go along with me, but it was a wonderful experience that I shared with him and will remember always.

I am trying to upload a photo and it won't take.  I see in the blog help area that I am not the only one with that problem and they are working on it (since August!).  Meanwhile, close your eyes and imagine a beautiful snow covered mountain emerging out of a green valley covered in sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment